Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Clearer Vision...

So,
How does the 1901-1973 White Australia Policy sound??
Okay, let me explain how I got there...

So I was going with 'cults' to begin with - Christian cults to be more specific. But then that led me to the KKK (how can it not? They are notorious!). And then when I spoke to my teacher about  making the symbolic 'rhinoceros' white, he then mentioned the White Australia Policy - and I'm like, 'GENIUS!'

So now I can get the ball rolling because the policy gives me a setting and gives me a frame of time to work with.  I can use the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, or 60s fashion, and because the text of the play is very "proper" this should work perfect! If I choose to use music in my production (and I probably should) I can now look for particular songs from one of these periods.

My teacher said that "the script is like God", so that means I can't change the text in anyway - which is why doing it in a modern setting would be weird (for me anyway) because the language would be out of context at moments.

Anyway, so now I can start adding new pages to my blog. I'll probably start the character Jean and Daisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment